samedi 8 décembre 2012




Regardless of the reason for weight loss there are a few things that must happen so you can lose that weight. Most workouts include some kind of cardio and even on the days when you are tired and can't push anymore you still push yourself. You may be dripping with sweat and have yet to see any weight loss but you still push forward. The same thing happens in your business.

A lot of times when we start our business our goals could be different. Some working moms yearn for flexibility; others want to spend more time with their kids. However I think it's safe to say that we all want control and independence, but regardless of your reasons, passions and desires are we all go in expecting to make money. After all making the money is what's going to give use our desires. So we do this and we try that but nothing seams to give us the results we are looking for (money). We may achieve some results but it's not long lasting. We end up into a slump, we try different tactics but quickly realize those methods aren't working because we haven't made any money. But maybe it's not the method that's not working but maybe you are looking at the wrong results.


Growing your business is a lot like losing weight. The goal for losing weight is to see the scale move, while the goal for being in business it to make money. But on your journey to reach your goals there are other results we should pay attention to that will let us know that our big goal is near. For example, when I first started my weight loss journey I started with the Insanity DVDs. Now I don't recommend anyone to start with that, boy did it kill me. The first day I was tired, out of breath, and extremely sweaty after each workout. The next day my body was in so much pain, that I wondered if I really wanted to continue. Because of the pain and the sweat (and the goodnight sleep) I received from working out I continued. I mean after all something is going on with my body right? If I would have jumped on the scale that first day I pretty sure the scale would not have changed. So I continued with the workouts for the week and at the end of the week I weight myself. Nothing!! There was no change on the scale. But my husband kept telling me how great I looked. I continued for another week and my clothes started to get loser but when I jumped on that scale I saw no movement. I didn't understand what was going on. Can I really get smaller without losing the weight? But I knew something was going on. I was getting results. I started to feel stronger every day, I was sleeping better, my clothes were indeed getting smaller but I wasn't losing the weight. Now if I only paid attention to my main goal which was to see the numbers on the scale go down I probably would have given up, but because I was seeing other results I just knew that scale would move eventually and by week three the scale moved.

Now there could have been other reasons for the scale not moving but I want you to know that growing your business is a lot like this. When we think about "Growing our Business" we usually think about how much money is in our account, or how many sales we are making. But in the beginning of growing your business there are other signs and results we need to pay attention to before we make that sale. If you have read my bio you know that I have decided to take things back a bit. Back to what I know really works and basically start from scratch. And the things that I'm currently doing will give me the sweat, additional energy, and bigger clothes in my business. I currently blog regularly, send out newsletters and use social media daily.


By using all of that I can grow my business and achieve the income that I'm looking for but since I'm in the beginning stage I'm paying attention to the clues that will let me know the steady cash is near. Some additional results you may want to look for when using these techniques are comments and length of time on your blog. This will let you know that people are reading, and absorbing your content. You also want to monitor engagement on social media. Are people retweeting, liking, or talking to you on twitter and Facebook. As these results increase then you will begin to see your sales increase but it will not happen unless you start with the basics. Just like you will not lose weight unless your start with exercise and nutrition.
Felicia Pratt is a Happy Working mom, Mompreneur, and Author that empowers other working moms by helping them manage their time effectively and creating a work-life balance that works for them. On any given day you can find her wearing multiple hats or just one. Through her experience as a mom, stepmom, wife, mother, business owner, and more she has learned to manage her life so that she lives it to her fullest.

Felicia invites you to visit as she shares tips to help busy working moms live their lives without the guilt.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire